Indy Malpractice has licensed medical professionals who are also licensed Indiana attorneys. They will review your case for negligence and see if it meets the criteria for medical malpractice. We know how to hold medical professionals liable for their negligence.
Often, when a cesarean section is not performed on time or fetal heart rates are allowed to dangerously fluctuate during labor, the baby does not receive proper oxygen to the brain. This results in fetal distress and brain damage to the baby, as well as what is referred to as HIE (hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy). HIE can lead to permanent brain damage, cerebral palsy, or even the death of the baby. Babies born with HIE are often emergently life-lined to one of the children’s hospitals in Indianapolis for therapeutic hypothermia, where the baby is kept at low body temperatures in an attempt to reduce brain swelling from the birthing trauma and improve long-term neurological outcomes. An estimated 10,000 babies are diagnosed with cerebral palsy each year due to medical errors during the labor and delivery process.
Do you meet these criteria?
- You must be a parent of the deceased or injured baby
- There are time limits for filing a medical malpractice action:
- If your baby died shortly after birth as a result of the traumatic birth or is stillborn, then you only have 2 years to file the malpractice suit from the date of the baby’s death.
- If your baby suffered a long-term traumatic birth injury, (i.e. brain injury, cerebral palsy), it must have occurred within the last 8 years as malpractice actions for a traumatic birth injury must be filed before the 8th birthday of the injured baby.
What you should know:
- Indiana has historically had one of the highest infant mortality rates in the country
- Birth injuries and birth deaths are often preventable
Services offered at Indy Malpractice (our firm only represents plaintiffs, the injured party):
- Medical Malpractice: Injuries caused by the negligence of healthcare providers
- Workplace Injuries-Worker’s Compensation: Injuries occurring in the workplace
- Wrongful Death for any Injury caused by Negligence of another party
- Motor Vehicle Accidents with Personal Injury
- Dog-bite Injuries
- Product Liability Accidents
To schedule a free consultation, call us at 317-566-9600, 765-865-9300, or 812-566-2600, or complete our online inquiry form to schedule an appointment* with one of our health professional attorneys to review your case. We hope to hear from you if you were harmed through medical treatments or neglect. We have offices in Indianapolis, Kokomo, and Bloomington to serve you.
*Free consultation; no retainer fee. You don’t pay a fee until we obtain a settlement for you. All attorney fees are based on the amount of your recovery
*The amount of medical malpractice attorney fees are set by Indiana Law